What I am about to share with you is a story of a woman on achieving financial freedom.
She is a proud woman because her experiences made her stand whenever she falls. Stronger enough to face what the future may unfold.
Seriously, she was not born rich and had her fair share of financial struggles.
Her father lost his job when he got a stroke in 1996 that caused more financial difficulties. Her college tuition fees and allowances were given by her generous aunts and uncles.
After graduation in college back in 1997, all she wanted was to find a job immediately. Being the eldest of the four siblings she had to help her mother support the family’s daily expenses.
Her first job as an employee was from 1997 to 1998. Since the compensation was not enough to help her family, she looked for another job.
She became a regular employee in her second job in 2000. Here she found her comfort zone. She was able to provide her family a monthly financial support.
This woman did not prioritize buying gadgets or clothes that would make her look rich. It was like she would rather be rich than sexy because of her experiences on financial issues.
She’s into short and long-term investments:
- In 1999, when she was 23 years old, she purchased a set of white gold payable on an installment basis for one year.
- She got a life insurance as well in 1999 payable in ten years.
- In 2001, she began to purchase stocks payable in 5 years from the company she is working with.
- In 2003, she acquired a subdivision lot under Pag-Ibig Home Development Fund and paid in full in 2010.
- Stock investment under COL Financial in 2010, in which she made it just like a bank account. Saving part of her monthly income and invest it for the long term in blue chip companies.
- Part of her Christmas bonus is invested annually in a mutual fund which she started in 2011.
Now that she is happily married, she taught her husband on how to handle finances from budgeting to conscious spending. The couple had purchased agricultural, subdivision and residential lots.
They started rubber farming in 2010; at this moment they are just waiting for a couple of months to start the first harvest. Rubber tree will provide passive income for 25 years.
Yes, you read it right; they had waited for 7 years. Rubber tree needs minimal supervision. So why bother waiting? Do other stuff and let the rubber trees grow.
The couple acquired an insurance in which her spouse is a Philam Life Financial Advisor. Not to mention the St. Peter Plan as well.
According to Robert Kiyosaki, the sources of passive income are business, real estate, paper assets and commodities (like gold). H
Having all of these sources of passive income, she was a lot surer that her children would not experience being trapped in a financial rut.
She had planned to provide them at an early age which was not taught in traditional school the financial literacy and how to handle finances and investments.
It did not happen overnight or months or a couple of years. Savings and investments began 18 years ago. It was crazy thinking having all of these and to what she had become.
Two thumbs up to one of Warren Buffett investment advices “Someone planted a tree a long time ago and someone is sitting in a shade today.”
She hasn’t retired from work yet because she is still in the process of searching for a business that would allow her to balance family and work.
She is dreaming of spending most of her quality time with her family than spending most of it at work.
On her retirement, she had in mind the future goals of their investments.
- The number of shares of stocks bought from the company she is working with and under COL Financial will be allotted to college tuitions and allowances of her children.
- The mutual fund and insurance are for the couple’s retirement.
- The rubber farming business is to meet daily expenses, tithes and helping the needy.
- SSS retirement benefit would also be helpful to pay for monthly dues.
Surely, the couple would never be a burden to their children because she had started saving and investing 18 years ago.
Now let me ask you?
How do you imagine your retirement life?
- Would be a burden to your family?
- Have just enough to meet daily expenses?
- Having excess to help the family and relatives?
- Having excess to help the family, relatives and a mentor to help other people succeed?
Having excess to help the family and relatives is good but isn’t it that the latter the best option? Wow! This is pretty awesome.
It is your choice on how you envision your future. But I am telling you, The Time Is Now…Make Self Discipline Your First Mentor otherwise you would not achieve financial freedom. Start today so could share your story with others as well.
I would like to share this quote with you, but I can no longer recall where I got this one, “The Simplest Secret to Riches is Time.”
Now you will tell me that you are already 35 years old or a bit older, too old to start. Age doesn’t matter; the best time to save and invest is now.
Believe me, the power of saving and investing will help you survive financial struggles.
Too late or too old to start? Here are some of the people who proved that it’s never too late to transform your life:
- Henry Ford founded Ford Motor at 40.
- Christian Dior founded his luxury good brand at 41.
- Sam Walton founded Walmart at 44.
- Morgan Freeman first Hollywood was at 52.
- Colonel Sanders founded KFC at 65.
- Granma Moses, America’s famous primitive painter learned to paint at 78.
Go on and make your dreams come true!
Oooops, wait a second I have to divulge the woman in this story. She is the founder of TheFullerMind.
Ehem! This is my story and I am revealing this not to brag but to inspire you. Let me share you my journey on achieving financial freedom.
“Move up to a higher level of abundance now.”
All you have to do is to click on the photo below and you will receive FREE tips on how to save, invest and make money in Philippine Stock Market.
I want to share with you my interview with The Pocket Size Life Coach, Mr. Billie Bautista. This is about his journey to achieving financial freedom.
In this interview, you’ll find out and learn:
I don't want you to miss this opportunity so here’s what you’re going to do: